L&D Interest Group – Strategic L&D Planning
The event will be held in 135 Bishopsgate EC2M 3TP on 29 May 2012
Topic for this session will be Strategic L&D Planning with Peter Sheppard, Head of Learning & Competence at Ericcson sharing his organisation's competency-based planning process.
The meeting will run from 4.30pm-7.00pm and take place at Natwest building, 135 Bishopsgate EC2M 3TP London.
Peter Sheppard, Head of Learning & Competence at Ericsson will get the meeting started by introducing Ericsson's competence-based approach to Strategic L&D Planning, covering:
• Ericsson's Learning Excellence Framework
• Strategic and Operational Competence Plans
• The need for flexibility to accommodate particular functional needs, and circumstances
• Keeping the Competences relevant
• Preparing business leaders to engage in the process, and thereby own the outcomes
• The changing nature of learning solutions
• Communicating the solutions to employees
• Linking the process with individual improvement plans
• Measuring the outcomes and business impact of the learning activities
This is a big, important and timely topic which should generate some great discussion about various aspects of L&D philosophy, process and practice.