HR Leaders Peer Exchange – HR’s role in developing global organisations
The event will be held in IMD Lausanne between 14 - 15 April 2016
This highly interactive event is an opportunity for HR Leaders in multinational organisations to exchange ideas and insights, with input from IMD faculty and case studies presented by Group HR Directors from two global organisations.
Thursday 14 April: 16.00-18.30
Friday 15 April: 08.30-15.00
Who is it for?
HR leaders who have responsibility across multiple geographies.
This highly interactive event is an opportunity for HR Leaders in multinational organisations to exchange ideas and insights, with input from IMD faculty and case studies presented by Group HR Directors from two global organisations. The focus is on practical application and sharing experience.
Through facilitated academic and expert practical contributions, we will explore a number of themes.
• In what circumstances is it appropriate to build a global organisation culture that’s consistent across geographies? How do you build and sustain a global culture?
• Should you develop talent locally or move people around the world? What different strategies are available for developing and managing talent globally, and what are the business implications of these different strategies? How do we deal with diversity across the organisation?
• How can we design organisations to be agile globally, benefit from cultural diversity, and strike an appropriate balance between global economies of scale and responsiveness to local customers? What role should the corporate centre play?
• How do core business processes need to be developed to support a global organisation?
• How can global organisations facilitate communications across geographical and language boundaries?
• What are the implications for compensation and benefits of becoming global?
• What people capabilities are needed to support innovation on a global scale and how can these be developed?